By Jill Bivins
Walt Disney World has seen mold become a serious problem. Mold grows in moist, warm conditions. Disney’s refusal to do anything about this is the thing that surprises me. Mold was a major problem in Disney’s past, but they dealt with the issue quickly. There have been alarming reports of the issue in recent months.
The woman complained that the musty smell was getting worse each night. Her mother also complained that the musty smell was getting worse with each passing night. The smell was reported to the front desk, but initially nothing was done.
The end result was that they became sick. Redditor writes: “My mom was short of breath and felt horrible very fast.” Her mother was initially diagnosed with asthma, but the smell in the bedroom didn’t cause them to connect it. It was such a severe pain that I didn’t awaken until after 1pm, and I felt as if I couldn’t breath,” Jayceevail reported.
When both were experiencing the same disturbing symptoms, it was obvious that something was not right in the room. A second person called and told the front desk that they felt ill. The room was then checked. Housekeeping found that there was mold behind the fridge and it leaked.
It was a different room, this time. But the damage was done. Redditor reports that the pair were sick the entire trip. U/jayceevail received a message from Pop Century Management that they would be contacted by Disney once they arrived home to continue the discussion. Redditor reports that Disney never called to speak with him after he checked out.
We’d love to say that this was a unique case but it seems to be more common than we thought. Mold can be seen on Space Mountain’s Monorail, Disney signage and the Monorail. The Voyage of the Little Mermaid was shut down due to hazardous mold, according to some reports. Disney’s Five Keys are built on the pillars that safety and good shows go hand in hand. Therefore, cast members must always put safety before anything else.
It is best to read resources that come from reliable sources like https://www.imperial-restoration.ca/, public health agencies and environmental organizations. The sources listed above can offer extensive information regarding the mold infestation, trusted mold remediation services including its causes, methods of prevention, mitigation, risks to health, and remediation. In addition, research centers and universities often carry out studies that discuss the impacts of mold on indoor air, buildings and people’s well-being. You can learn a lot about the dangers of mold contamination by carefully reading these articles and finding solutions to reduce its impact.